What Platform Should You Use?
There are a TON of options you can pursue when it comes to course creation. So you may have your own favorites! But, if you’re new to this stuff, I thought it would be helpful to share my top two.
#1 FOR DIYERS: Teachable
http://sendmeto.teachable.com/lrVqr (affiliate link)
Teachable is my #1 choice for course deployment. I recommend it to clients and colleagues who want to create a course themselves without needing to hire someone else.
– Ease of use, fool-proof
– Helpful customer support
– Built-in sales page, payment gateway, and mobile-friendly members area
– Exists off your main website (which isn’t always a drawback, but might bother you)
– Monthly fee
– Sales page doesn’t feel custom-designed due to limitations of Teachable’s sales page builder.
#1 FOR HIRING SOMEONE: Sensei
There are LOTS of course plugins for WordPress (you may even have one of your own that you like!) I personally prefer Sensei. Sensei is brought to you by the people who made WooCommerce and can make your course a part of your existing WordPress site.
– Part of your existing site
– Customized, high-end membership experience
– You can include quizzes and adjust content easily.
– (IMO) You should hire a designer/developer to deploy it for you to make sure it looks great on your existing site. (I don’t recommend DIYing WordPress. Even if you think you’re good at it. I’m a snob. I’m sorry. Whatever. lol)
– One-time software fee
Have you created a course before? Which platform did you choose?
Wanna be a lead magnet?
It starts with using better words on your website. Improving your copy is the absolute easiest, quickest, and most cost effective way to get more clients and cash rolling in. Fill out the form below to download my FREE copywriting training and you'll also get updates from me.