Aaron Crowe is a freelance journalist in the Bay Area who specializes in personal finance writing. He has worked as a reporter and editor at newspapers and websites, and was an assistant metro editor at the Contra Costa Times before being laid off in 2008. He then started a freelance business and started blogging about being a stay-at-home dad who was underemployed, and now owns three blogs that help pay his family’s mortgage. One of his blogs, CashSmarter.com, chronicles his family’s finances and how he tries to teach his daughter, now 12, about money.
Here are some links to find more info about Aaron:
- Aaron Crowe Homepage
- Aaron Crowe Facebook
- Tweet @AaronCrowe
- CashSmarter Website
- Add Vodka Website
- Before You Invest Website
- [2:03] What it’s like going off on your own
- [6:19] Advice for people who cold email
- [14:07] How many pitches he sends out
- [17:09] Why someone did SEO for Aaron FOR FREE!
- [21:32] How he got into doing what he does
- [23:51] “One of my worst fears is that we would not have enough money to pay our mortgage.”
- [25:23] The passive income streams Aaron set up on his sites
- [26:53] How he gets sponsored posts
- [30:43] Advice for anyone wanting to start a business
Wanna be a lead magnet?
It starts with using better words on your website. Improving your copy is the absolute easiest, quickest, and most cost effective way to get more clients and cash rolling in. Fill out the form below to download my FREE copywriting training and you'll also get updates from me.