Leanne Ross is the founder of IVY LADDER, an online hub created to help upcoming generations learn how to plan a career and land a job they love. Leanne lives outside of Boston with her husband Mike, and is expecting their first child in May.
After a successful career in sales and sales management, Leanne left her Fortune 500 Sales Executive role running a $100M segment to launch her own company in June. While in corporate America, she interviewed hundreds of candidates, and only hired Gen X and Baby Boomers. Every Millennial she interviewed was ill equipped to successfully land a position with a top tier company. With that, IVY LADDER was born.
- [1:17] How Leanne started her business – her goal was to climb the corporate ladder in the insurance industry
- [4:15] “I think the biggest difference for me is that in the past, I worked with very established companies that already had everything ready to go and all I had to do was go out there and sell it.”
- [7:00] When you work in leadership development and education, who is your target customer? Parents or students?
- [8:20] Leanne discusses her sales background and how it has helped her business.
- [11:40] The idea behind the video on her website
- [13:42] “The more you can niche down into a very specific target market audience and target market customer, the better from a marketing perspective because the language you use then can make them feel like you’re talking just to them.”
- [14:10] If you want to figure out your target audience’s pain points – DO THIS.
- [17:27] How to use Amazon for market research
- [21:50] “Dealing with people is a skill that you have to learn firsthand.”
- [29:40] Adding interactive technology to your product
- [31:37] “It doesn’t matter how old you are; no one likes finding a job!”
- [33:05] Advice for people who want to approach big companies (featuring Linkedin tips)
- [37:58] “In a new business, everything you do is an opportunity not to fail, but to learn.”
Wanna be a lead magnet?
It starts with using better words on your website. Improving your copy is the absolute easiest, quickest, and most cost effective way to get more clients and cash rolling in. Fill out the form below to download my FREE copywriting training and you'll also get updates from me.