Originally from Providence, RI, Emma received her degree in Integrated Marketing Communications from Emerson College, located in Boston, MA, in May of 2012.
Married that same summer, she started a blog called Curves, Cats, and Creams, which focused on bridging the gap between straight size and plus size fashion. “To me, fashion is simply FASHION”, she states vehemently. “Why should plus size fashion be just an afterthought when the majority of women in this country fall into that category? We want to be sexy, feminine, and fashionable, and designers, retailers, etc, are finally waking up to that fact!”
In June of 2015, Emma started Medeiros Fashion Public Relations when after realizing that, out of the thousands of fashion public relations firms in the US, not ONE of them specialized in this exploding industry. Can’t have that!
The goal of Medeiros Fashion Public Relations is to place plus size fashion on an equal footing with straight size fashion. Emma declares, “There’s absolutely NO reason for them to be separate, and, once I accomplish that, I can die a happy woman!”‘
Links to meet Emma’s clients:
Photo Credit: Jayme Aronson of Jla Photo & Video
- [1:01] Background info on Medeiros Fashion PR
- [1:36] “PR is based on merit, not money.”
- [3:48] How Emma has acquired all of her contacts in PR
- [3:57] “Network, network, and network some more… and then network even more.”
- [6:09] The importance of using Google Alerts in your business
- [9:57] Emma’s SECRET RECIPE for helping clients to do “news-worthy” things – what makes YOU special?
- [15:46] Emma’s background before starting her firm
- [17:20] Shout out to Emma’s clients
- [19:42] What really IS public relations and when should you start using it?
- [22:06] How to approach getting picked up for a press release
- [22:57] Tips on crafting an elevator pitch that works for you
- [27:02] How Emma has landed her clients
- [29;07] Emma didn’t always have the plan to start her own PR firm!
- [31:22] “There’s a huge gap, and if I don’t fill it, somebody else is going to.”
- [34:11] How Emma landed an interview with Marie Claire
- [35:23] How to keep challenging yourself
- [38:47] Mistakes Emma has made and learned from
- [42:37] Emma’s last advice for anyone wanting to start a business
Wanna be a lead magnet?
It starts with using better words on your website. Improving your copy is the absolute easiest, quickest, and most cost effective way to get more clients and cash rolling in. Fill out the form below to download my FREE copywriting training and you'll also get updates from me.