Cheryl Hajjar is the CEO and co-founder of Indigo Pixies – a book, audio, song and plush characters that both reinforce the importance of reading to children and appeal to them in a fun and magical way.
She has been a schooled pianist since the age of seven. In college, Cheryl studied classical piano while developing her songwriting craft.
Although songwriting has always been in the forefront of her creative abilities, since giving birth to her son Dylan, Cheryl was introduced to the wonderful world of motherhood and writing children’s books was a natural progression. She currently has a published column named “Babies & Briefcases”, has written for various TV and film projects and has also performed both in Nashville and Los Angeles.
- [2:00] How Cheryl got started with Indigo Pixies
- [8:25] “I want to use what we have to help children navigate through that.”
- [8:56] The process of self-publishing
- [17:59[ How and where Cheryl gets ideas for writing songs
- [21:31] Learning experiences that Cheryl has had
- [24:27] “You have to have the passion for what you’re doing because if you don’t have the passion, you’ll quit.”
- [33:29] Advice for people who are looking for funding
- [40:45] “You have to love what you do, and if you love what you do, it doesn’t feel like work.”
- [41:00] Cheryl’s last advice!
Wanna be a lead magnet?
It starts with using better words on your website. Improving your copy is the absolute easiest, quickest, and most cost effective way to get more clients and cash rolling in. Fill out the form below to download my FREE copywriting training and you'll also get updates from me.