Philip is a CPA, husband and father of three. He created PTMoney.com back in 2007, and he founded FinCon, the annual conference for financial media, in 2011. He got rid of debt, learned to live lean, saved his money, and eventually left his unsatisfying corporate career to pursue his entrepreneurial ventures full-time.
- [1:50] How Philip knew he was going to leave his job
- [3:15] The background of PT Money
- [04:43] How Philip found his voice while writing
- [08:38] The source of inspiration for the content that he creates
- [12:19] “There’s a smarter way for us to do this ‘money thing’.”
- [12:55] Financial advice for people who are doing it all by themselves
- [17:15] How Philip got rid of his debt
- [23:00] When he knew he was ready to take the next step in his business
- [27:29] “If you want to do this, put your money where your mouth is!”
- [28:02] Lessons Philip learned while doing events
- [29:36] How to find speakers for an event
- [31:25] Advice for establishing relationships with people
- [34:06] PT Money’s main source of revenue
- [37:08] What Philip did to get so much traffic to his site
- [42:51] Philip’s advice for someone wanting to start their first blog
Wanna be a lead magnet?
It starts with using better words on your website. Improving your copy is the absolute easiest, quickest, and most cost effective way to get more clients and cash rolling in. Fill out the form below to download my FREE copywriting training and you'll also get updates from me.