Glenn Livingston, Ph.D. is a veteran psychologist and was the long time CEO of a multi-million dollar consulting firm which has serviced several Fortune 500 clients in the food industry. You may have seen his (or his company’s) previous work, theories, and research in major periodicals like The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Chicago Sun Times, The Indiana Star Ledger, The NY Daily News, American Demographics, or any of the other major media outlets you see on this page. You may also have heard him on ABC, WGN, and/or CBS radio, or UPN TV.
Disillusioned by what traditional psychology had to offer overweight and/or food obsessed individuals, Dr. Livingston spent several decades researching the nature of bingeing and overeating via work with his own patients AND a self-funded research program with more than 40,000 participants. Most important, however, was his own personal journey out of obesity and food prison to a normal, healthy weight and a much more lighthearted relationship with food.
- [1:19] – When his mother described psychology to him as a career when he was little – “When people are unhappy, [psychologists] make people happy.”
- [8:01] – His chocolate addiction and how he originally thought he could, “love [himself] thin.”
- [10:30] – The psychological trick our minds play on us about food.
- [12:30] – How overeating is independent of your personal psychology.
- [22:32] – The correlation with work addiction.
- [25:39] – The idea that we have the power to decide if we’re the kind of person who is addicted versus the kind of person who is in control.
- [32:02] – The concept of morning and its impact on your day.
- [35:01] – “Feelings are normal, but feelings aren’t facts.”
- [38:00] – Last words.
Wanna be a lead magnet?
It starts with using better words on your website. Improving your copy is the absolute easiest, quickest, and most cost effective way to get more clients and cash rolling in. Fill out the form below to download my FREE copywriting training and you'll also get updates from me.