Money, Marriage, and Getting Paid to Write. Catherine Alford is the go to personal finance expert for educated, aspirational moms who want to recapture their life passions, earn more, reach their goals, and take on a more active financial role in their families. Named the Best Contributor/Freelancer for Personal Finance in 2014, her writing and expertise have been featured in dozens of notable publications like Yahoo Finance, U.S. News and World Report, The Huffington Post, Kiplinger, Investopedia, Business Insider and many more. She has been interviewed by Good Morning America, Huffington Post Live, Mint, and The Work at Home Woman and is a sought after speaker on topics such as motherhood, money, and entrepreneurship. She is also the founder of www.CatherineAlford.com, an award winning personal finance blog that she created in 2010 and the innovator behind the web’s most comprehensive course on how to Get Paid to Write for Blogs. As a self employed entrepreneur and the mother to boy/girl twin toddlers, she lives the messages she teaches each and every day.
- [1:53] A little bit into Cat’s story
- [8:32] How she landed higher-paying clients
- [9:56] Where Cat found her clients
- [12:25] How many pitches she sent per day
- [13:27] “I think a lot of people stop when they are told no; they aren’t used to being told no, and they don’t like it.”
- [15:10] A peek into guest blogging
- [18:56] Cat’s biggest learning experience
- [22:21] Her experience with negative comments
- [23:23] The types of people who read her website
- [24:05] Cat’s advice for people who have student loan debt
- [26:17] Do entrepreneurs read her website?
- [31:24] All about the allowance that Cat gives herself!
- [34:49] Advice for couples who are going to have the “money conversation” for the first time
- [37:37] Cat’s advice for someone starting a business
Wanna be a lead magnet?
It starts with using better words on your website. Improving your copy is the absolute easiest, quickest, and most cost effective way to get more clients and cash rolling in. Fill out the form below to download my FREE copywriting training and you'll also get updates from me.