KC Downey is the Digital Media Manager at WMUR-TV, having joined the station in 2012. KC has worked his entire career in the Boston-Manchester area, working previously as a web producer and senior web producer at WHDH-TV and a digital content producer for CBS in Boston. A graduate of Boston University in 2007 and a Massachusetts native, KC is excited to be living in New Hampshire for the first time in his life. KC lives with his wife, Meg, and dog, Sadie, in Newmarket.
- [3:03] KC’s typical day and his typical day during Election Day
- [8:38] How to stay grounded during the election
- [16:00] Ways of dealing with the drama between news and politics
- [17:49] Methods of covering news stories
- [21:07] Process of figuring out which stories to publish
- [22:18] “News CAN be nice!”
- [24:00] How KC chooses which stories make it to the Facebook page
- [30:03] How he gets press releases
- [33:47] Advice for people who are trying to put themselves out there professionally
Take the Liz on Biz Survey and tell us what you think!
Wanna be a lead magnet?
It starts with using better words on your website. Improving your copy is the absolute easiest, quickest, and most cost effective way to get more clients and cash rolling in. Fill out the form below to download my FREE copywriting training and you'll also get updates from me.